Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Quick One

Definitely a short post today everyone.  For those of you who don't follow me on face book, today was new denture day for me.  I had my last 5 upper teeth pulled this afternoon, and my new denture installed.



I'm sore (and getting more sore as the Novocaine wears off), but really happy.  After a decade or so of no insurance, and good but not stellar dental hygiene habits of my own, my teeth were in rough shape.  I've been fighting a hard but losing battle to save them.


So, we (my current dentist and I) finally decided to lose the uppers in order to be able to focus my limited funds on preserving the bottoms, which have always been in better shape.


I gotta say... dentures have come a long way.  Even with my sore jaw, which has a lot of healing to do, they feel pretty good.  Weird for sure, but not super uncomfortable, especially considering everything is swollen and hurts.


And they look good.  They will have to be adjusted after everything heals, but man they look good.


I'm really looking forward to smiling again.


But for now, I'll just indulge in some more Vicodin.  See ya tomorrow everyone!  (I promise a more thought out post then)

No comments:

Post a Comment